What is almonds?
Almond are a hard fruit belonging to the genus Peaches of the pink family.
It consists of three layers, namely:(Outer layer or almond skin – middle layer – inner layer). The edible part of the fruits of almond trees are the seeds, which can have a sweet taste or a slightly bitter or bitter taste.
These trees are distinguished by their wonderful pink flowers. The tree’s blossoms bloom at the end of winter and the advent of spring. They bloom and bloom until the fruits ripen, about six months after the time of flowering.
The tree turns into a fruit after its pollination. Almond production begins after three years of planting it. The tree annually produces a crop of 2-5 kg. The production increases until it reaches 15 kg annually, depending on the quality of the agricultural land and the age of the tree. It has excellent nutritional value and its benefits lie in the diet.
Benefits of almonds
- lowers cholesterol level.
- It reduces the risk of a heart attack.
- It boosts energy and has a positive effect on fertility problems.
Yemeni almonds :
Characteristics of Yemeni almond :
The Yemeni almonds are considered the first in the world in terms of quality and health effectiveness.
- Yemeni mountain almonds are characterized by their small size and delicious taste.
- The Yemeni almond tree is considered one of the most drought-tolerant trees . It needs frost to bear fruit.
- In Yemen, these trees are grown on mountain tops, with heights reaching 3000 meters.
- The tree depends on rainwater for its cultivation.
- They are harvested during the period from January to February of each year.
- Yemeni almonds are the first in the world in terms of quality and health.
- Almonds contain more nutrients than other types of almonds.
- raw almonds are very popular and widely accepted in the local, Arab and international markets.
- Handfuls of almonds is also considered one of the nuts that are served on social and religious events and holidays in Yemen and other countries.
- It is famous for its cultivation in the mountainous highlands. From the regions famous for growing almonds in Yemen for hundreds of years by cultivating many varieties of almond trees, which are:
Tyeps of Yemeni Almond:
Khawlan is one of the most famous areas in which it is produced, especially in Jabal al-Lawz.
It is also considered one of the best areas for Yemeni almond production. Especially in the Jabal al-Nabi Shuaib area.
Al-Hima is also one of the areas that grow and export Yemeni almonds.
More areas are being cultivated due to the increased demand for Yemeni almonds in the Arab and international markets.
Benefits of Yemeni almonds :
Among the most important benefits of the Yemeni almonds:
- Contributes to eating it to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood and equivalent to the glycemic index.
- Its sweet seeds have soothing and calming effects that aid in a peaceful sleep.
- It also has a beneficial effect on lowering cholesterol, reducing the risk of heart attack, enhancing energy. It has a positive effect on fertility problems in men and women.
- It lowers and regulates blood pressure and strengthens the bones and teeth, because they contain an amount of magnesium and calcium.
- Sweet almond oil is used to preserve the beauty of the body.
- To tighten the skin, prevent the appearance of wrinkles and treat dark circles under the eyes.
- The oil is also used to treat pimples, acne, and various skin problems and to maintain healthy skin.
- Handfuls of almonds provides protection and health for the brain as well as makes it more vibrant and active because it contains riboflavin and carnitine.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- It contains a high percentage of antioxidants, proteins and potassium. It prevents heart attacks because it contains magnesium.
- The dietary fiber of Almond helps treat constipation, which facilitates digestion and bowel movement. It improves the performance of the digestive system.
- Yemeni almonds reduce blood sugar levels spike after meals. It also keeps blood sugar levels down and regulates glucose absorption in the blood
- This fruit contains nutrients that help increase bone mineral density.
- Almonds help boost the skeletal system because they contain phosphorous. There is also a treatment for osteoporosis in the elderly.
- You can get the necessary amount of vitamin E and antioxidants in the body and prevent the emergence of many chronic diseases.
- Almond meal helps maintain healthy and indirect lower blood pressure. It helps prevent diseases caused due to high blood pressure.
- almond flour contains a high proportion of folic acid.
- This acid prevents any kind of abnormalities in infants. It is also very beneficial for mothers. The almonds for children are useful.
- It prevents the spread of cancer cells through the diet of which almonds are one of the mainstays.
- As eating almonds helps maintain the integrity of the intestine and colon.
- Almond flour prevents the emergence of cancerous diseases and helps prevent cancer.
- Almond meal can be used to relieve heartburn.
The benefits of almonds for pregnant women.
- Relieves nausea during pregnancy when pregnant.
- Ate nuts prevents birth defects in fetuses because it contains folic acid.
- It stimulates cell growth and tissue formation.
- It improves mood, increases intelligence and thinking, and promotes a healthy nervous system.
Benefits of almond oil:
- Almond oil and lemon juice can be mixed with honey and used once a week to treat hair problems.
- Almond oil and lemon juice can be mixed with honey and used once a week to treat dry hair.
- Dry roasted almonds treat hair loss problems and helps eliminate dandruff.
- It is high in fiber and protein.
- It reduces food consumption and the feeling of satiety, because it contains a group of fats.
- almond butter contains unsaturated fatty acids that help lower cholesterol. You can also eat almond butter because of its benefits.
The advantage of being lactose free makes it the best alternative to cow’s milk.
Almond milk is free of antibiotics and hormones, rich in nutrition and low in calories.
Sweet almonds can only be used to eat, but bitter almonds are not used to eat because they contain toxic substances.
- It was found that bitter almonds contain on average amygdalin, which is capable of producing 1 ml of hydrocyanic acid.
- This acid can turn into a toxic substance and therefore it cannot be considered safe to eat, even if it is one pill.
- The bitter type is used to produce almond oil, which is widely used in pharmacy.
- Bitter almonds are used in the cosmetics industry.
The nutritional value of almonds:
The healthy benefits of almonds help promote a healthy body. The worlds healthiest foods prevent harmful cholesterol by eating almonds daily.
According to the USDA and food and drug administrations, 143 grams of almonds are useful for the following nutritional information:
Saturated fat: 5.33
Almonds contain other beneficial nutrients and nutrients such as vitamin E, riboflavin, manganese, and others
Yemeni Almond Prices:
Yemeni almond prices change for several reasons.
As for the prices of Yemeni almonds in general. The price of Yemeni almonds is double the price of other Yemeni almonds.
What are the reasons that make the prices of Yemeni almonds differ throughout the year?
We will mention here some of these reasons:
- The price of almonds usually falls during the picking season and shortly after the season.
- The reason for the decline is the increase in the number of almond trees planted in Yemen. Then the price of almonds changes as it gradually increases.
- The price of Yemeni almonds changes due to the theory of supply and demand. According to market rule, such as the wedding and festive season, the price of Yemeni almonds increases.
- In the event that the quantity stored with traders and farmers is large. It will decrease due to competition between merchants and vice versa if the stored quantity is small.
- Almonds are one of the storage products.